If you suffer from back pain, Dr. Anthony Di Liberto of the Di Liberto Chiropractic Family & Sports Center in Jersey City, NJ can help you achieve optimal relief through natural and integrative solutions.
Common Causes of Back Pain
Millions of Americans suffer from back pain every year, but the reasons why vary greatly. Some of the most common causes include the following:
- Herniated discs
- Strains of the muscles or ligaments
- Misalignment of the spine
- Degenerative disc disease
- Injuries and accidents
While these things do induce pain, they often have deeper causes. These include the following and more:
- Poor posture: Causes undue stress on parts of the spine.
- Lack of exercise or physical activity: Weak muscles impact the body’s ability to support itself.
- Repetitive lifting of heavy objects: Strains the back’s muscles and can lead to herniated discs.
- Smoking: Among other things, smoking constricts blood vessels and can dehydrate your spinal discs, both of which lead to back pain and more.
- Obesity: Excess body weight puts unnecessary pressure on joints and muscles.
- Age: The likelihood of back pain tends to increase as you age, often starting around 30 or 40.
Integrative Approach to Back Pain
As the root causes and triggers of back pain are so varied, there is no single treatment that can provide optimal healing, prevention, and pain relief. Integrative approaches are often more effective as they combine several solutions to treat the issue. While Dr. Di Liberto develops every patient’s treatment plan according to their needs, some common integrative solutions for back pain in Jersey City, NJ include the following:
- Chiropractic adjustments: Chiropractic adjustments provide a natural way to realign the spine, take pressure off of spinal discs and nerves, relieve pain in the joints, and more.
- Spinal decompression: Spinal decompression therapy is an effective method through which the spine is gently stretched, taking unnecessary pressure off of nerves, discs, and muscles.
- K-Laser therapy: K-Laser or High Power Laser Therapy sends wavelengths to damaged and inflamed tissue. It promotes regeneration of the tissues and releases endorphins, which all help to reduce pain, tension, and inflammation.
- Kinesio taping: Kinesio taping can be used to provide support to the back, relieving pain and pressure. It is also used to increase circulation to the impacted area and support healthy posture.
You don’t have to live with back pain. Take a stand by calling the Di Liberto Chiropractic Family & Sports Center in Jersey City, NJ at (201) 434-1285 to make an appointment with Dr. Di Liberto today.